In this episode...
The guys sit down with Jason Parrott and he goes places where the RMIT podcast has never gone before. Now, 70 episodes in, that is easier said than done but how about homeless in the desert as a toddler? How about watching your Dad getting arrested as he came to pick you up from school? How about everything you own in a black plastic bag that you haul around from place to place? Not quite the ideal starting place for a rich life but just wait to see where he takes this. Jason's journey is an amazing story of what it means to be valiant in the testimony and he isn't done yet. To Jason, thank you for showing up and telling your story. Now, let's do something with it!
Who Said It...
- "But I think one of the things the infinite mindset helps with, especially in times like this and as we determine what returning to normal looks like, is understanding that none of this stuff is an event. It’s a process. That there’s no such thing as 'getting it right.' There’s going to be a series of decisions, and some are going to be right, some are going to be wrong, some are going to be right at the time and then they’re going to change." -Simon Sinek
- "Feedback is the breakfast of champions." -Ken Blanchard
- "If anyone is foolish enough or misled enough to reject 531 pages of a heretofore unknown text teeming with literary and Semitic complexity without honestly attempting to account for the origin of those pages—especially without accounting for their powerful witness of Jesus Christ and the profound spiritual impact that witness has had on what is now tens of millions of readers—if that is the case, then such a person, elect or otherwise, has been deceived; and if he or she leaves this Church, it must be done by crawling over or under or around the Book of Mormon to make that exit." -Jeffrey R. Holland
- "That which we persist in doing becomes easier not the nature of the task has changed but our ability to do has increased." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Oprah Winfrey's podcast "Master Class"
- Amos 3:7
- Doctrine & Covenants 43:25
- Finding Safety in Counsel by Henry B. Eyring
- Spiritually Defining Moments by Neil L. Andersen
- 1 Nephi 16:2
- University of San Diego
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Check out our website or visit us on our Facebook and Instagram platforms.
- Mike and Tyler are both members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If you would like to learn more about the Church or their beliefs, we invite you to check it out by clicking here.