No host has claimed this podcast yet!
© 2021 Dubner Productions and Stitcher
No Stupid Questions
Stephen Dubner (co-author of the Freakonomics book series) and research psychologist Angela Duckworth (author of Grit) really like to ask people questions, and came to believe there’s no such thing as a stupid one. So they made a podcast where they can ask each other as many “stupid questions” as they want. New episodes each week. No Stupid Questions is a production of the Freakonomics Radio Network.
September 19, 2021
67. How Can You Escape Binary Thinking?
Also: why is it so satisfying to find a bargain?
September 12, 2021
66. When Is It OK to Tell a Lie?
Also: is obsessing over your mental health bad for your mental health?
September 5, 2021
Why Do We Forget So Much of What We’ve Read? (Ep. 24 Rebroadcast)
Also: do we overestimate or underestimate our significance in other people’s lives?
August 29, 2021
65. What’s the Best Advice You’ve Ever Received?
Also: why don’t you need a license to become a parent?
August 22, 2021
Do We Buy Things We Never Use? (Rebroadcast From Ep.22)
Also: why do we hoard? (Rebroadcast From Ep. 28)
August 15, 2021
64. Are Women Required to Be Nicer Than Men?
Also: should you feel guilty if you don’t read books?
August 8, 2021
63. How Contagious Is Behavior? With Laurie Santos of “The Happiness Lab.”
Also: life is good — so why aren’t you happy?
August 1, 2021
62. How Can You Escape a Drama Triangle?
Also: how do awards affect motivation?
July 25, 2021
61. Should We Just Ignore Our Weaknesses?
Also: why do we like what we like?
July 18, 2021
60. Why Do We Complain?
Also: what do you really mean when you say you “don’t have time”?
July 11, 2021
59. Do Dreams Actually Mean Anything?
Also: why is music so memorable?
July 4, 2021
How Can You Stop Comparing Yourself With Other People? (Ep. 13 Rebroadcast)
Also: how can we stop confusing correlation with causation?
June 27, 2021
58. What’s So Gratifying About Gossip?
Also: why do people hate small talk?
June 20, 2021
57. Which Incentives Are Best at Boosting Vaccination, and Why?
Also: what does your desired superpower say about you?
June 13, 2021
56. Why Is Academic Writing So Bad?
Also: what does your perfect day look like?
June 6, 2021
55. What Changes Will Stick When the Pandemic Is Gone?
Also: would you take a confirmation-bias vaccine?
May 30, 2021
54. Do You Really Need a Muse to Be Creative?
Also: is shortsightedness part of human nature?
May 23, 2021
53. What’s the Secret to Making a Great Prediction?
Also: how do you recover from a bad day?
May 16, 2021
52. How Much Should We Be Able to Customize Our World?
Also: does multitasking actually increase productivity?
May 9, 2021
51. What Separates Humans From Other Animals?
Also: why do people pace while talking on the phone?